At Material we understand and accept our responsibility to the environment and are aware of the impact our organisation has at both a local and global level. We are committed to a policy of sustainability and as part of that process we have an ongoing dialogue with various organisations and actively seek new ways to reduce our carbon footprint.
Our policy is to:
- Operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation
- Cultivate a high level of awareness and responsibility for the environmental strategy within the company, providing relevant employee training
- Consider and incorporate environmental factors into all business decisions
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance, in order to reduce impacts where possible
- Our environmental strategy, including targets for improvement where appropriate, can be summerised as follows:
- Travel: utilise public transport wherever possible for business travel, encourage car sharing / public transport for travel to and from the office, offer a cycle to work scheme
- Recycling (Incoming): use of recycled products wherever possible e.g. all paper supplies, all business correspondence (inc. business cards), office supplies, promotional items
- Recycling (Outgoing): companywide recycling scheme for paper, cardboard, aluminium cans, plastics and toner cartridges
- Printing: there is a company wide “think before you print”, double sides and “no colour unless necessary” policy
- Office: use utilities responsibly; turn off lights and equipment when not in use, do not heat and cool and room simultaneously, use of LED lighting throughout the office
- All unused client collateral, where possible, is donated to charities e.g. left over merchandise such as t-shirts, footballs, stationary etc
As well as being as environmentally responsible as possible ourselves, we have also worked with several clients to facilitate the reduction of their environmental impact.
We are committed to delivering on the strategy outlined within this policy and will endeavour to engage employees at every appropriate opportunity to raise awareness of environmental issues, sustainability (particularly within the events industry) and enlist their support in improving Material’s performance across all of these areas in both the short and long term.